Manta Ray Night Dive & Snorkel EcoAdventure
Mark an item off your bucket list and join us for an incredible encounter with the Kona Manta Rays at night. This world famous dive / snorkel trip has been featured on numerous Travel, National Geographic and Discovery Channel programs.
The Hawaiian Kona Coast is home to over 200 resident Manta Rays and each has been identified and named. Much like a fingerprint is unique to each human, Manta Rays have distinguishing black and white markings on their underside that are used to identify them nightly. These gentle giants can grow up to 20 feet in length and weigh up to 3000 pounds, but they have nothing that bites or stings, making this the safest large animal encounter in the world. Groups of Manta Rays converge nightly off of Keahole Bay to feed on the smorgasbord of phytoplankton that appear to soak up the glow given off by underwater dive lights.
Enjoy a scenic sunset boat ride along the Kona coast to the manta location. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will instruct you on how to encounter these amazing creatures so we can protect the mantas and their habitat. In a water depth of about 25-30 feet, both snorkelers and certified scuba divers are able to safely view the incredible performance by the manta rays. Mantas "Delaney," "Koie," "Blain," "Big Bertha," "Darth Ray-dar," and more put on a show for you.
Meet these majestic creatures face-to-face with our experienced staff to guide you!
- No age restrictions (not recommended for ages 6 & under)
- No snorkeling experience necessary (must be able to swim)
- Fun for the whole family
- Ride-alongs welcome
- Seating in either sun or shade areas, toilet on board
- Oversize swim platform and fresh hot water showers
- Top quality wetsuits, snorkel gear, flotation devices included
- Top quality dive gear available for rental (BCD / Regulator / Full Wetsuit)
- Snacks, ice water and hot cocoa provided
- Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff
- Departs from Honokohau Marina, boat check-in is 30 minutes prior to departure
- EcoAdventure time is 3 hours (departure times vary by sunset)
- 98% chance of seeing manta rays
- Bring towel, jacket or cover-up, underwater camera
Certified Diver (1 Tank Dive)
Dive Gear Rental
(BCD, Regulator, Full Wetsuit)
Snorkel Child (age 4-12)
Infant (age 3 & under)
Guaranteed to see a Manta Ray on Manta Ray Night EcoAdventure or come again for FREE